What The Heck Is Alignable?

twitter

Is Alignable the next social media account worthy of your time?

align (verb)

1. The definition of align is to get a person, place, or thing put into a straight line.
    When a person goes to the chiropractor to have their spine straightened.

2. Align is to be put into the exact correct place, often in relation to something else.
    When a newspaper is doing a layout, and they have the pictures precisely placed next to the text.

3. Align means to commit oneself to being either for or against an issue and/or group.
    When a person donates money and votes strictly for a certain political party.

Last month you probably received a personalized invitation from me to connect on Alignable. I bet you were wondering, “What the heck is Alignable” and then I’m wagering a guess that your next thought was, “I don’t have time for another social media account!”

I totally get it, but hear me out.

Alignable is a new social media network created with small local businesses in mind; it encourages communication and collaboration.

While Alignable has been around since 2014, I have been ignoring it; that was until I received a personalized invite from Chistophe Choo. Christophe never invites me to anything, so I decided to give it another look and accept his request. It took me about two weeks to complete my profile, import my email client contact list and import my 1400 LinkedIN contacts. Then, my inbox exploded. Of course, this kind of thing never happens in a time frame when you have a spare moment to manage an influx of incoming emails. For me, it happened during the 2017 Banff Marathon and a charity golf tournament we were in the middle of promoting on-site.

Overwhelming

The volume of responses from local businesses, comments and questions that I received, as well as several emails asking if my email been hacked was shocking.  Even my sister texted me directly to ask if what I had sent out was legit.

Since then, I have been digging into Alignable and I have been connected with some really great new business recommendations that will be helpful for our website. It also looks like I will get some business out of this platform. All this within the first week.

While their focus is on businesses collborations, I have come to discover that Alignable creates useful consumer-facing directories and events calendars for its communities, too.

Get Creative

This summer, our team here at CARMELLA, is taking to the streets to ask business owners what they want to know about social media. Our aim is to help create and facilitate small-group coaching program that will begin in the fall. The Alignable platform seems like the perfect place to do this! We have rolled this out on Alignable and across our social media platforms, here, here, and here. So, please take some time to answer on behalf of your business and, we will be sure to share all the results with you very soon.

A few tips if you’re new to Alignable:

1. Use the search bar to look for local businesses to collaborate with.
  2. In the same search look for events.
  3. Ask people how they found you? Get the conversation started.

WE HAVE A NEW BLOG POST ABOUT ALIGNABLE – READ MORE HERE

BLOG – HOW DOES ALIGNABLE WORK?

Let’s get aligned. Happy Connecting!

– S.
President of The CarmellaCrew

obrien

Author obrien

More posts by obrien

Join the discussion 22 Comments

• Mike says:

What do you mean “import” your 1400 LinkedIn contacts? Do you mean send out spam to the inboxes of your LinkedIn contacts?

• Wanda says:

How would you describe the differences between Alignable and LinkedIn? Is Alignable simply more focussed toward smaller business needs?

• Please contact Me. I would like to learn more about how your community works. Ralph 724-255-8865

• URL says:

… [Trackback]

[…] Read More here: carmellaconsulting.com/2017/07/05/what-is-alignable/ […]

• Dr David Muransky says:

Why wont someone call me to discuss errors??????????? (954) 923-1300

• Susan MacKay says:

Our Charity Wild Ocean Whale Society received a number of emails from the same marketing company to all our email accounts. This is NOT a method to promote collaboration or decent connections with other businesses etc. Even one of our phone numbers was spammed using a spoofed number. There is NO way I’m uploading all our contacts for them to receive spam. This is a shameful way to promote.

• hemorrhoids says:

I’m not that mսch of a online reader to
    be honest bᥙt your sites really nice, keep it up!
    I’ll go ahead ɑnd bookmark your sіte to come back ⅾown the
    road. Ϲheers

• JohnHenry says:

These bastards started sending me emails and soliciting business, from a document that had NOT been published, had NOT been sent to anyone and was still in draft form on my computer.
    I have contacted the FCC and the Attorney General of this state, to find out HOW they were able to access this document. If found that they have hacked my system, (or gotten this unpublished document through other means) I will retain counsel and seek not only restitution, but then create a publicity campaign to expose their findings.
    I would not suggest doing business with this company, until it is determined who they are, and how they conduct business. Caveat emptor!

• obrien says:

I think you mean Alignable is doing this, not Carmella.

• Jordan says:

Be aware of Alignable. I signed up the website last week because I got an email invitation from a friend of mine. I noticed today that my google contact list is hacked. My friends on my contact list receives malicious email and the invitation email from me. I didn’t send these invitations. They were sent by the company without my permission. This site illegally harvested my contact list and spammed my network. If anyone would like to start a law suite against them, count me in.

• Dial up, DSL and cable each one is susceptible to disruption because of weather; wind; construction,
    and aging lines, satellite Internet service doesn’t have these vulnerabilities.
    I’m sure most from the Internet users have an understanding of the
    term “bandwidth”. All these new terms might be a little confusing, so quite
    simply, if you want to have a real presence on the internet, you need being highly ranked
    inside search engine pages.

• Mike Gordon says:

I believe Alignable needs to tone down their aggressiveness…..ive gotten to emails from contacts this week that I didn’t authorize to invite to their network…Im having second thoughts myself…..

• hyperlink says:

Monte up good blog site! Male.. best web designer Fantastic. Wonderful. I’ll book mark your web site and also make feeds on top of that? I am just very happy to come across a number of helpful tips right here from the placed, we’d like exercise extra associated with this particular consider, many thanks for revealing.

• I really want to align with Carmella Consulting and am I having trouble finding your account! Can you help me locate you please?

Thadd Sapa-Kotlarek

• These are truly wonderful ideas in regarding blogging.
    You have touched some good things here. Any way keep up wrinting.

• hemorrhoids says:

fantastic points altogether, you just received a new reader.

What may you suggest in regards to your post that you simply made a few days in the
    past? Any certain?

• After I originally left a comment I seem to have clicked on the -Notify me when new
    comments are added- checkbox and now whenever a comment
    is added I receive four emails with the same comment.
    Is there a way you can remove me from that service?
    Many thanks!

• Eli says:

I used to like Alignable very much! It’s friendly and it’s all about business. And the most thing I like about it is to connect with local businesses. But since last week alignable doesn’t allow me to connect with business owners and I get a note that “I’ve reached my local connections limit”. I have 730 connections! This is so frustrating. I haven’t seen this in any other social media sites. Someone in Alignable said it’s the policy to avoid spamming! This is ridiculous! To avoid spam, you can think about other solutions, like “Block” & “Report” option. They keep sending these emails to add new people in your neighbourhood, and I can’t connect with them. If someone spams, I can simply delete their email and block them. They don’t let us connect because MAYBE some people spam? The other person says, it’s the policy, what is this policy? It’s a professional site for business! I have limitation to connect people? Your site IS about connecting for business!!!!!